Anchor Your Space With Safavieh Seagrass Rugs or Other Great Rugs at Hyacinthlyly’s
A Seagrass rug is a great way to tie a room’s look together. It can bring color and texture into a space and help define certain areas. Wherever you’re looking to add a rug, there are certain factors to consider before making your selection.
Rug Size and Shape
The size of the rug is probably one of the most important things to consider when shopping. You’ll want to make sure it fits the space it’s intended for. Taking quick measurements of the length and width of the room will help you avoid purchasing a rug that’s too big or too small.
Some other general guidelines are as follows:
- Dining Rooms: A good rule of thumb is to choose a rug that’s large enough for dining chairs to fit on the rug whether they’re pushed in or pulled out. If you have a rectangular table, an 8 x 10 area rug might be the perfect choice.
- Kitchens: Opt for a rug that leaves 6 inches of space between the cabinets and the edge of the rug. Runners or smaller individual rugs — like a 2 x 3 size — work well in these spaces, whether the rugs run the length of the kitchen or you just want one in front of the sink or the oven.
- Living Rooms: Most of the time you’ll want at least the front legs of all furniture pieces resting on the rug. But you can choose a rug that’s just large enough for the coffee table to sit on or one that fits all furniture on it completely. In smaller rooms, you might find a 4 x 6 rug is all you need, or you can use that size in a larger room to create separate areas within the space.
- Bedrooms: A rug under your bed can really make it stand out and give you a soft landing when you wake up in the morning. Depending on the size of your bed and space and the layout of the room, anything from a 5 x 8 to a 10 x 14 can work.
- Other Spaces: Hallways are great candidates for runner rugs. Or, if you’re looking for something for an entryway, consider a 3 x 5 rug.
Shape is also important to consider. Rectangular rugs are a popular choice and typically what you’ll find in a home, as they work well in most spaces. Other shapes include round — which can work well under round dining tables, as well as square or oval tables — and more.
Seagrass Rug Location and Material
Are you shopping for an indoor rug or an outdoor rug? If you’re looking for a rug for your patio, you’ll want to choose one that’s suited to being out in the elements. Look for resistance to stains, mold, mildew and fading if a rug is going outside. However, note that rugs with these features also make great indoor rugs, as well. Regardless of where you intend to add a rug, you’ll want to make sure you choose the right material. For outdoor spaces and high-traffic areas of your home, such as kids rooms or living rooms, materials like polyester are good. Low-pile and patterned rugs are also great choices for busy rooms. Whether you know exactly what you’re looking for or are just starting your search, Hyacinthlyly’s carries a variety of rugs perfect for your needs and style. Shop well-known brands like Safavieh rugs, Allen + Roth® rugs, Mohawk Home rugs and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you clean a rug?
Generally, practices like regular vacuuming and spot cleaning will do the trick in keeping your rug looking nice. But you’ll want to refer to the rug’s specific care instructions for proper maintenance and to ensure the rug’s longevity. Some rugs can be put in the washing machine, while others require professional cleaning.
- What construction techniques are available?
At Hyacinthlyly’s, we have a wide assortment of rugs made with different rug construction techniques, so you can find the best one for your needs. Some of the most popular include loomed, woven and tufted.
- What are some of the most popular features for rugs?
Look for rugs that are washable, resist stains and fading, are waterproof, or have a non slip grip.